Back in the days of Wrath, I came upon a Battered Hilt on the Auction House for somewhere in the neighbourhood of 7-8k. I decided to pony up and do the quest chain and it was amazing. The end result is what you see before Siori as she went through the process of assembling (or creating) Quel’Delar. I’m glad this folder was not among the screenshots I’ve lost over time because it was just a really enveloping story and it’s one of those things that not everyone has done. I know a few people who still farm Halls of Reflection to try and get the Battered Hilt to drop.
You know why I like Tauren so much? Well, yes, they are the wisest race by far and think things through and…well, no. It’s because I’m a Taurus actually. Taurus folk have this pretty dominant trait, too. It’s called being stubborn. Take me for instance. While the Mrs. nods vehemently with the last bit of info, my stubborn nature results in me often times doing things myself. That strategy is often met with mixed results, I won’t lie. Sure, I’ll help anyone…I’m terrible for asking for help though. So this is kind of awkward.
See that spiffy Rogue up there? Yeah, I love her outfit too. By all means, take a moment to admire it. It really is a thing of beauty. Done? Ok. Well, for as awesome as that outfit is, the daggers are lacking. Her Lhakaz’s Swiftblade daggers are nice. These are the ones she needs to have. It’ll take an eternity to get them on a good day, but the fact is I can’t even get going by myself.
This brings me to this coming Friday evening. I am done work relatively earlier than usual, and within a short time will be able to put the Junior Amateur to bed. Then, I envision taking Siori to Wyrmrest and visiting a certain Hag(ara). I don’t even need to kill her…but I mean, while we’re there if something unfortunate should occur after she’s been sapped, who am I to argue. Wait…I so did not mean that the way it came out. Damn it. Ok, so before this gets horribly out of hand…can I get some help getting a step further on my Legendary Daggers quest chain Friday night?
edit: I work until 8pm EST and probably won’t get the boy down until about 9 EST.
Siori hung her head a little as she watched the ships begin to sail off. Her sister Naeda was on one of them, and it left her feeling empty. For the first time in five years she would not be at the forefront of battle this time. Well, the shadows of the forefront. Mattias Shaw had always included her in the missions. She could still remember when the ships landed in Howling Fjorde. When her fellow Night Elves called out to take back Mount Hyjal from the forces of the Firelands, and how she joined countless others on the Molten Front. Holding the ground endlessly.
But all she would hold on this night was her daggers, and hope for her sister. That and 40 silver would buy her a pint at Bruuk’s Corner in Ironforge. Instead of returning to tell stories of war, she would spend this Winter Veil listening to them. Of course that meant familiar faces would return from this new land that had appeared to the south, among the mists.
Siori was an Elder now. She could pass on her wisdom to others, but the days of battle had passed her by. She knew it, though it was not made any easier. She looked at the ships, her eyesight still better than ever, seeing Kuroma, and Magik, Killthryn and finally Wontan the Gnome. She had imbued the latter with what knowledge she could. Truth be told, where she excelled in the shadows and espionage of the mind, he was the equivalent on the battlefield. In that regard, he would be a better asset on the front. She was proud of all of them and knew they would bring great victories. Still, she wept a little.
As they sailed out of sight, her eyes lingered for a time longer before she pulled her white mask over the lower portion of her face and turned inwards toward Stormwind. She would head to the Dwarven Mountain. Tumunzahar would no doubt be there -with a meal, wine, and laughter. And most of all, a shoulder.
With account-wide mounts coming soon, I thought I’d finally do Liouxpold a favour and get the Cenarion War Hippogryph with Siori. She’s long been Exalted for the Enchants offered by the Expedition. When the mounts open up, Liouxpold will have his air mount of choice. Come to think of it, he’ll get the Brewfest Kodo from Tumunzahar as well (on top of the Frostsaber he farmed himself). Since she bought it, I figured Siori might as well learn it…low and behold another small achievement for her.
I’m curious when all the achievements combine just how I’ll do as I’ve scattered so many across my toons (a number of which were acquired inadvertently). Speaking of achievements, I’ve updated the Laid Back Raids schedule yet again. We’re set up to just a couple of weeks before the expansion launches.
Another musings post if you will permit me.
- Mists of Pandaria launches
JulySeptember 25th. The average response seemed to be “finally” from those I spoke with last night. The next eight weeks should be interesting.
- Laid Back Raids is updated through most of August. I managed to get a few requests in there.
- I wonder what LBR’s success will be like after Mists launch? I can’t imagine it too different from what it is now. Some will pass, some will come.
- Others might just want a break from whatever Mists content they’re on.
- Some will just want to take their Panda into old content.
- Or their Monk.
- I’m ashamed to admit I’ve considered rolling a Gnome Monk named Junkshot.
- The deadline for the Mogolympics is coming Tuesday. Then the real fun begins…so to speak.
- I wonder if the other judges will speak to me when this is all over?
- I need to put a confirmed section on the Mogolympics information page this weekend.
- Posthumous isn’t on hiatus or anything. The next chapter is in the works, but my time to dedicate to it has been sparse.
- Yes, I’m writing it as I go. I have a few key points in my head, but the rest is more like que sera sera.
- Tome got Anzu a little while back. Mrs. Amateur the Baron’s Reigns to drop. Ratters had double mount luck recently. Me? (NSFW)
- Glad most people seem to understand my “not buying Mists philosophy.”
- Someone else told me last night they’re in the exact same frame of mind (minus Guild Wars 2).
- I think Blizzard needs to come through on this one.
- Cataclysm wasn’t terrible, but it turned (quite?) a few people off. Two in a row wouldn’t be good.
- I expect them to have that in mind, and deliver a better expansion.
- I expect games like Guild Wars 2 and Secret World to force them to knock one out of the park over the next year.
- Working on another Transmog outfit for Tum.
- Got everything but the shoulders. The two options I’ve chosen are from Molten Core and Naxx.
- I think I should have considered this before scheduling LBR this week…
- I still want my Red Proto.
- Tum’s the closest on that, as I think he needs about a half dozen achievements yet.
- Speaking of mounts, I’m in the process of determining what land mounts and flying mounts each (eligible) character wants.
- No good can come of it, but account-wide mounts might just make it easier.
- Siori’s Exalted with the Cenarion Expedition and Liouxpold’s already got the puppy dog eyes going…which looks really creepy on a space goat.
- I wonder if everyone who’s geared up in the last month feels a sense of “why did I do that?”
- Not saying they should, it’s just an observation.
- Once again, greens will replace epics in the first two days.
- Am I seriously the only one who sees a problem with that?
- Linear stats is still the way to go, far as I’m concerned.
- Hrm…work break’s over.
What is in game that you want, but you can’t have? Is there an animal you want to tame, a critter you want to collect, a tabard that has the perfect design for a transmog set etc etc.
What is it you want, but know you can’t get your hands on and have to stare at longingly whenever you log in?
I’d love to say I contemplated this for a lengthy period of time because I’m not greedy or anything like that and couldn’t decide. However, it was actually a no-brainer. Two things, and both are for Siori. The first, is to continue the Fangs of the Father chain. I still need to pickpocket Hagara and my schedule hasn’t allowed for that. I love my rogue. We now have a legendary that’s relatively easy to obtain and yet I can’t manage to make it happen.
The bigger one, I honestly believe doesn’t even exist on her server. I think the programmer’s overlooked some weird glitch that removed it from the game. I’ve spent nearly three full days in Deepholm and I have never seen Aeonaxx. Haven’t even talked to someone who’s taken down the rare…or, again, even seen it.
Despite my clear-cut bitterness, I really enjoyed this topic. It’s interesting to see what folks have on their mind when it comes to the idea. Some are quite simple, some are much more elaborate or difficult. Heck, I debated the idea of a harmonious player base, but I didn’t want to be completely unrealistic in my answer.
At Blog Azeroth this week, Cymre asked the question of what three items, for whatever reason fancies you, you would hate to lose on your main. Now, as I don’t collect everything on one toon I’m going to cheat a little bit. I’m simply going to share my top three items, period.
1. Liouxpold’s Frostsaber
I started doing the quests for this back when the rep was still absurd for the quests. Also before it was a daily. However, I will openly admit that once I found out the daily was coming I just waited and then did it that way. Recently, I paused to consider faction/realm transferring him until I realized I would lose the Frostsaber. As that immediately put an end to that idea, it made me realize how important the mount is to me.
2. Siori’s Quel’Dalar
I maintain to this day everyone should try to snag a Battered Hilt and do the quest chain to obtain the weapon. It’s a great piece of Lore for certain. From start to finish it is just an incredible chain of quests that sends you around Dalaran and Icecrown, as well as a phased version of the Sunwell Plateau ( which is one of the most beautiful raids in the game). I still have all of my screenshots from doing the chain and love to go back and look at them. Not all of the “end-result” weapons look as nice as Cunning of the Shadows (made more badass by the Berseking Enchant), but as I say it’s worth having just to experience it all. I would be incredibly disappointed to have that “undone” on me.
3. Horrux’s Skulflame Shield
My only epic world drop in over six years. Back when Liouxpold was grinding Frostsaber rep this dropped off either a bear or Chimera. I was in awe, and as Cataclysm had been announced I had planned on making a Worgen Warrior. So I hung on to it until I had created Horrux and the rest is history.
I would be incredibly disappointed to lose any of these items and I’m sure I could think of one or two more. What brought up the question, was Cymre was recently hacked and so it had spurred the thought process while waiting for the items to return. I wrote a post earlier this year about not having been hacked myself and I would be frustrated if I was…to say nothing about how I’d feel if these three were gone.