Welcome to the second part of my Transmog look at axes. Last week I went over 5 of the best looking two handed-axes, and as promised will focus on the single-handed ones today. First off let me say there are a LOT of really nice axes in the game and limiting it to just five was incredibly difficult. Some people may choose other equally nice axes based on how they look or what they might want to compliment their character or transmog design.
5. Bone Warden’s Splitter is an axe, like many, that shares its skin with a few other models. So if Lord Marrowgar doesn’t drop it for you (there’s a regular and heroic version), then perhaps you can track it down elsewhere. Or at the very least, give yourself as many chances per week as it takes. This axe makes the list for look, but also because those little barbs come across as a rather vicious bonus. The model really gives off the feel of Icecrown Citadel and the Lich King.
4. Last Laugh snuck in over a couple of other choices based on its look and animation. You can acquire it from Kel’Thuzad in Naxxramas but only on 25 man. While I’ve got it listed at fourth, a lot of people consider it one of the best looking axes in the game and could very easily be higher on this list.
3. Resonating Axe brings the almost expected Burning Crusade representation to the list. I’ll keep saying it because it’s true, BC has some of the best looking gear in the game. It was hard going from such vibrant gear to the drabs of Northrend. I like this one because it’s not your typical looking axe and almost could shatter over someone’s head with any swing. You can pick this up from a quest in Area 52, as it’s one of the rewards.
2. Sun-Forged Cleaver is an axe I would probably have overlooked if not for the fact that I have one. Before I downloaded MogIt, I began to look at drop items that I otherwise would’ve simply ignored. I saw this one and got excited. I need to go back to Heroic Magister’s Terrace and get another one, as the combination creates a skin that looks like it just came off the forge.
1. Hate-Forged Cleaver aka the “Troll Axe.” And yet, it drops in Halls of Reflection…go figure. I rank it number one on the basis that while I looked through all the one-handed axes in MogIt, it was the one that immediately stood out above all the rest. Good mix of colours, and a very creative design.
So there you have it, five more incredible looking axes for you to wield across Azeroth. The ironic thing is that none of them are Main Hand equipped, so you could dual wield any of them, if you so desired. In the meantime, I’ll have to give some serious thought as I prepare for next week’s list of Fist Weapons.