Based on a little known event that gets underway today, the minds of yours truly and Effraeti’s RP are proud to bring you their own version of the Madness! Joining in on the fun as well is none other than Tome herself (who took Effraeit’s excellent Transmog of Michigan State’s Sparty and created our amazing logos).
Now unlike the NCAA, we’re not going to take 64 of you and pit you against one another in one on one matchups. We like to keep things simple around here, so here’s how we‘re going to do it:
- Mog Madness will consist of five rounds.
- The first round will be two weeks, with the remaining four rounds one week each.
- There will be a “Mog build” criteria for each round that will be announced at the start of each round.
- Each participant is allowed one entry per round.
- Your submission can be an in-game screenshot, or a shot from a program such as MogIt.
- The judges will look at overall thoughts, creativity, and originality to give each entry a score, and the top scores will move on each round until the finals.
- The number of participants to advance will be announced after the deadline for the first round, at which point we’ll know how many people we have taking part.
Mog Madness Round One:
- When: March 12th – March 23rd (judging results revealed March 25th)
- Who: Open to anyone who wishes to enter.
- How: Send an e-mail with your screenshot(s) to email@example.com or post your entry on the Mog Madness page of Amateur Azerothian, Tome of the Ancients, or Effraeti’s RP.
- Mog Requirement: The first round of Mog Madness merely requires a cloth outfit. That means Mages, Warlocks, and Priests are all open season for your submissions (though no using class-specific gear outside of the class you choose to use -so no Mages in something like this).
There are the rules. Pretty straight forward, and pretty exciting too! The only other detail to note in the first round is the “Judge’s Choice.” For the first round only, each judge can use their power to give someone a pass into the second round. Those lucky persons will be exempt from the voting process and move on no questions asked…though each judge will give a brief snippet explaining why they chose the entry they did.
There you have it. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask. Otherwise, regardless of your level of transmogrification we welcome you with open arms and outfits. Good luck to all and let the Madness begin!
Entrants for the Inaugural Event:
- Sean B
- Melissa C
- Blog of the Treant
- Evan O
- Kathleen T
- Tolbi (formerly Ashroya)
- Andrew, Elune
- Reluctant Raider
- Michelle R
- bttf (Deb)
- Just Joe
- Robert, Area 52