Here we are mid-March and that means’ were at about 75 days in the 2012 challenge. Not quite a fifth of the way there, but we’re getting there. Personally, I’m nowhere close to where I thought I would be at this point. In fact, I haven’t dinged a character in 10-14 days. As such, I haven’t even broken a thousand levels (as I honestly figured I would have done by this point). Part of that is attributed to real life getting busy, and also my WoW time has been very much blog related. That doesn’t meant the blog is starting to feel like work, more that I’m using the little bit of time I’m logged in to obtain screenshots, information, etc regarding posts.
Since January 30th I’ve managed a mere 62 levels. When you factor in that in about a 14 hour span one weekend I picked up over 20, that really shows you the time I’ve not been able to put into the challenge. 42.8 % is starting to look a bit more daunting at this stage as I would’ve liked to have been over the 50% mark. Still, in the “grand” scheme of things, you want to be over 1006 levels by June 30th to be on track. But, the more levels you can get now, the easier it can (in theory) get over the rest of the year. So, how is everyone else doing?
- Towachi at heal-alt-delete is a busy raider bee and is closing in on 300 now as she sits at 283 for 14.1%
- Chuck at Lord of Assets is in the same boat as myself in terms of time invested, as he is up to 381 levels or 18.9%.
- Cheetah Dave sits at 975 levels now, or 48.4% (bugger keeps just inches ahead of me).
- Kamalia continues to roll on, now at 1446 levels or 71.9%.
- Kuroma is at 1492, or 74.1%, and is to the point where she’s starting counting down the number of levels left to go.
- Effraeti continues to roll along as well at 1525(!) levels for 75.8%
- Harpy’s Nest and Team Sproutling continue to roll along as well, sitting at 1575 levels (!!!) or 78.2 %.
- Reluctant Raider looks to be in position to hit the mark first though, at 1861 levels to this point. That’s good for 92.5 % or just 151 levels to go!
For me, Saintvache was easily the biggest booster to my levels. He was at 20 on January 30th. As I say, in a weekend span I got him to 40 and was just amazed at how easy it was. He now sits at 64 and I really really like Paladin tanking. As I only have one Paladin (and need two of each class for the challenge), I see another Protadin coming at some point because honestly, it’s easy levels. The only other toons that really did anything were Oddfodder (6 levels) and Schadde (5 levels). Otherwise it was a level here or there, though I remember at one point trying to get each toon a level (save for max level characters obviously).
One way I did that was doing the Love Is In The Air dailies and quests with various characters just for the added xp. I don’t know for sure if it was faster or not, but it seemed relatively easy to log in, spray people, collect xp, log and repeat. So with that in mind, I asked the other 2012’ers how they approached the World Events and if they used them to help level. The general consensus was neglected toons sometimes got some xp this way, but for the most part things like Love Is In The Air slowed the process for everyone. Some have main characters they need to do the event for, others wanted achievements, and some were after pets/profit. So it seems people do spend their time with the World Events, but not for the purpose of gaining levels (in general).
Speaking of which, perhaps I can actually get a level or two now that I have some time…