Welcome to another collection of thoughts by yours truly on this Tuesday morning. As is often the case a few topics of discussion could probably warrant their own post but it’s important to hit them while they’re fresh and relevant.
- The 2012. Well, unfortunately for me that goal has most assuredly gone by the wayside. I had plans to put a really good dent in it, too. I do still plan to track the progress of everyone else, though. So if you’re participating, rest assured I will still be following with vested interest.
- Myth. My guild on Blade’s Edge. Towachi and Reluctant Raider are a blast, as is the rest of the crew. I had a good chat with the Guild Leader one day and flat out told him how much I enjoyed the guild as it reminded me of Claws of Nature and what I wanted it to be. Unfortunately, I never got to the point of really contributing and being a part of things.
- Twitterland Raiding. Also something I never got to participate in. Obviously not the same type of situation as Myth, but still I had really looked forward to getting involved.
- Killing Arthas. I may still try to knock this off, but I’ve not fought the Lich King. Ever. I’d certainly like to do it before my time us up this month.
- Mog Madness. The final round has here. It’s been an experience, that’s for sure. Almost entirely positive and despite hopes that we wouldn’t hurt anyone’s feelings along the way I think we failed. Still quite happy with it.
- The Prize. I’m still not telling you what it is.
- Walking Away. Despite the people I will miss, I’ve still made the right decision at this time.
I was going to add this in as a note along with the rest. However, that wouldn’t be right at all. I’m happy with where I’m at, but Saturday’s post was actually pretty tough to write. I also managed to finally get online Sunday night and that meant informing some of the news, while facing others for the first time since sharing the decision -and at least one person asked…Mrs. Amateur found out the same way the rest of you did. Speaking of the rest of you…
Obviously I didn’t write Saturday’s post or share it for attention. I wrote it because that’s what we do. I don’t private post, what you see is what you get. So I wasn’t looking for a spotlight or for anything from anyone in sharing it. But that doesn’t mean for one second I’m not thankful for everything you all said. The supportive responses were overwhelming, and all the comments telling me how happy you were that I’m continuing to blog…I know I joked with Effy that I’m not modest at all but the truth is I’m a pretty humble guy and that was quite an amazing feeling. Whether I realized it or not, it’s also something I think I needed. It was like icing on my cake-like decision. Or something. I suck at metaphors like that. Seriously, though, thank you all so much.
One final note. Mrs. Amateur got into selling tea recently. It’s like Avon, but tea (Steeped Tea is the company). I just want to go on record and say it’s really good. She gave me a cup about a week ago that was pure “l33t.” After Eight. Seriously, tasted just like the chocoloate. Smelled amazing…mmm. Anyway, I don’t have advertising space because I’m a crappy salesperson. But I support a good thing when it’s good and I didn’t share that so you’d go out and buy it from her (I mean, you’re welcome to). I just wanted to go on record at some point just saying how awesome the stuff is.
Enjoy your day.