Sure enough, just before 3pm EST, Chris Metzen announced the next World of Warcraft expansion and it was Warlords of Draenor. Now, if you’re not familiar with Draenor, it’s what Outland used to be…before it shattered. So my immediate thought was the Bronze Dragonflight sending us back in time. Based on the video, time-travel of some sort is definitely involved. I hope they explain more this weekend (I’m now at work, so maybe they already have). What else did I think as the trailer played?
- Snow In Draenor? Interesting.
- New character models? Finally!
- Is Draenor a new world? I guess it sort of is.
- Build And Upgrade Your Garrison looks very much like a phased zone. Hoping it’s not crazy dailies (some dailies are ok, right Kamalia?)
- Level Cap Raised to 100. Surprised. I thought another 5 levels, so this could be the final expansion.
- Boost to 90?!?! Wait, say what!?!? Oooh, how does this work?
So collectively, my first thought is the expansion goes back to what is old is new again and there’s absolutely nothing wrong with that. The old is really just some of the characters and locale, but even they look drastically different. I’m so glad the original races are getting their much needed upgrades. As I suggested, the boost to level 90 really has me intrigued. That’s something I’ll be looking to get more information regarding. All in all, my intrigue sits at about half to three quarters. However, there’s nothing turning me off (except perhaps the Garrison and daily overload potential). Can’t wait to absorb more information tonight and tomorrow.