If you aren’t familiar with the Liebster Award, it’s essentially a means by which bloggers get to know one another better. The one that I know of, and was nominated in, involves the number 11. The nominee asks 11 questions of you, you also include 11 random facts. After that, nominate 11 people and drum up 11 questions for them. I was nominated by Lorelei back at the beginning of the month, and must pause to point out how incredibly flattered I was by that (even if I was horrible and didn’t even notice until someone mentioned that I had already been nominated). So let’s delve into things shall we? We’ll start with Lorelei’s questions.
1. When And Why Did You Start Blogging?
I think my blogging started around 2003 and for the most part it was a way for me to write down the randomness that is my thought patter. Switching over to this particular blog, I started in 2008 and it was originally meant for me to chronicle my Azeroth adventures via my various characters. That plan didn’t work out very well for me, if you take the time to go back through the annals of this blog.
2. What Inspires You To Keep Blogging?
Most people know I essentially stopped blogging last year because I wasn’t playing the game. I occasionally tossed up snippets of thoughts, but I couldn’t fairly blog about something I was no longer a part of…and believe me, for most of my hiatus I felt completely disconnected from the game. Now that I’m back playing, that in itself is more than enough. Once I’m in a writing groove, it’s basically as long as my mind has something to write about, I will most certainly keep doing it. As the saying goes, I write for myself. It’s an incredible bonus to have people seemingly enjoy hearing my thoughts on all things Azeroth related.
3. What Do You Look For And Appreciate In The Blogs You Follow
Every author has a voice in their writing. In many cases, you’ll connect with it right away if it’s the kind of person you would want to chat with. You just know. It’s why Navimie and I, for example, just clicked right away. I also enjoy when the blogger shares thoughts and information, but does so in an informative way that isn’t just throwing 100% statistics and jargon at you. When folks can get their point across in a casual way, it makes things more enjoyable and easier to want to read.
4. If you had to describe yourself by comparing your personality to a game character/race, what character/race would that be?
About three years ago I did a 20 days of WoW and I was asked pretty much the same question. The short answer is a Worgen Druid, but feel free to go read the original response to see the full explanation of how I came to that conclusion.
5. What are you Top 3 all time favourite PC/console games.
Shining Force (Sega Genesis), Rollercoaster Tycoon (PC), World of Warcraft (PC). There’s a lot more that I could add to that list. Basically after Shining Force 2-10 are probably interchangeable depending on the day.
6. What PC/console games are you enjoying at the moment?
World of Warcraft (PC), Hearthstone (PC), Extreme Warfare Revenge (PC), Lego Batman (Wii)
7. Do you enjoy playing any non-digital games?
Dear Illidan, yes. Personal favourites are Ticket To Ride, HeroClix, and Killer Bunnies. We also have Cards Against Humanity but haven’t had a chance to try it yet.
8. What do you like to do in your spare time when you aren’t blogging or gaming?
I have a boy who just turned four. Pretty much anything I can do with him until I need a sanity break. Other than that, I love cooking/baking/barbecuing, I’ve found enjoyment in gardening/yard work, and read when I can.
9. If you could spend a day in a fictional world, where would it be and why?
Yeesh, this one’s tough. I think I would go with the afterlife in “What Dreams May Come.” For one, it’s (almost entirely) beautiful, and the chance to see lost loved ones, as well as have the knowledge for one day, for absolutely certainty, there is something more after we die.
10. What season of the year is your favourite?
Winter. Here in North America (specifically southern Canada), I was in my glory this year. More snow that we could imagine and it never melted. It’s mild this week and there’s still snow trying to melt. Despite my heating bill, I was a very happy camper this winter.
11. If you could magically learn any language in the world, what language would you learn?
Again, tough call. For a long time I could easily speak French as a second language but I have honestly forgotten a large chunk of it because I really haven’t used it over the last decade. I honestly don’t know, there’s none that really jump out at me.
11 random nuggets about me:
- I was light infantry in the Canadian Military.
- I love to sing, and I’m absolutely terrible.
- I play Pathfinder/D&D, currently running my own world.
- Favourite color is red.
- For post-secondary I chose radio over massage therapy.
- I’m the only person I know who doesn’t like Frozen.
- My family tree goes from me into four different branches and then gets complicated.
- I’m bipolar II.
- I’m a size 15 (US) shoe.
- If I could only watch one television show ever, it would be Arrow.
- My favourite musical artist is Pink.
Now, because I was really late to the party, I do apologize if I choose anyone who’s already been nominated. Here’s who I will select though:
I know some have been idle bloggers, but perhaps this is just the nudge they need to get rolling again. I’m certain for 1-2, this just isn’t their thing and that’s understandable. Now then, for those who decide to partake, I present these thought pondering words for you.
- Presume you blogged regardless. If it wasn’t World of Warcraft/MMO’s, what would your blog be about?
- Out of all the Caverns of Time, which one do you enjoy the most? The least?
- Is there a class in WoW you just can’t bring yourself to like?
- Are you a board gamer, or a pen & paper gamer…or just video games?
- What would you like to see Blizzard grant the Warcraft license to?
- What racial leader would you follow into battle, no questions asked?
- Many people point to Wrath as the pinnacle of the game. If you were introducing someone to WoW for the first time, what would you show them outside of that expansion?
- What’s your proudest WoW moment?
- Gold: Rich beyond words, enough to get by comfortably, or always needing to generate it for repairs?
- What about Hearthstone? Yes? No? Or the other common answer of “I hate this #&$^ game!”
- If World of Warcraft was gone when you wake up in the morning, what would be your fondest memory?